Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Im probably going to end up with one of these two calls after reading up on them. Any suggestions on which one is better? They are both about the same price and I have heard many good things about both calls. I am pretty new to blowing goose calls, but have gotten good enough with my cheapie to upgrade this year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i've never blown the super mag, but i have the Winglock. it is an awesome sounding call. very easy to blow. you wont be disappointed with it

·
Registered
21 Posts
the grounds is a better call- many many outfitters use his calls- and they win a lot of comps too.

but if you're going to pay $60+ for a plastic call- go on ebay or other waterfowling message boards and get a good used acrylic call

you can get a foiles strait meat honker for $70-$100 easily! take it apart , clean it out, buy some new guts -$6, reed, and boom- you have a $150 for a fraction of the cost.

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
I don't know anything about grounds calls, but I do use the Winglock delrin and I'll tell you, it's a hell of a great call, I wouldn't trade it for anything

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I got the winglock. It was one of the only calls that pretty much everyone agreed was an awesome call. So far I really like it, although I can't really do it justice yet. It blows a little different than my cheapie that I learned on! Anyway, it is a nice deep sound which is exactly what I wanted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
mcn22 said:
Well, I got the winglock. It was one of the only calls that pretty much everyone agreed was an awesome call. So far I really like it, although I can't really do it justice yet. It blows a little different than my cheapie that I learned on! Anyway, it is a nice deep sound which is exactly what I wanted.
Just got my Delrin today. Man it sounds good even though I'm not nearly there yet. I working on the murmur and honk right now. I'm watching and rewinding stahl's video, I can't wait till i'm good :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts