Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the wing-lock goose call.i waswoundering if any one could give me some info on how to get started blowing it halfway decent. Any help would be apreciated

Thanks Nick

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am also very new to short reeds and am not good at all on them. I have however started to make progress sincebuying the SHawn Stahl Honkertalk video. He explains things in greta detail, especially for beginners. It is only $20.00 and I think welll worth the investment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey room i too have just recently bought a short reed wing-lock.my trick to learning was the honker talk tape shaun stahl.step by step the thing i found hard was to get the call to break then the voice inflection seem easy.clucks and moans and a good "come back " call is all you'll need in the field.already better on the short reed then i ever was on my flute of
2 years . good luck guys

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im looking at buying a winlock as well. Should I get the delrin or the hedge/delrin? I don't know what the difference is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
delrin is a material similiar to acrylic, but less expensive and very durable. the hedge/delrin call is a wood barrel with a delrin insert. I would pick the all delrin call because wood will warp a little in bad weather. I blow a delrin and love it. Probably the best call for the money, easy to blow too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts