Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to the board. Looks like alot of fun. I hunt primarily SE PA and have done extremely well already this year. I ran into problems though hunting an extermly low and green pasture field, I had nothing to keep me hidden. So, I decided to look into buying the goose chair recliner, looks like an excellent choice for alot of diffferent hunting situations. The only problem is that it only covers about down to my waist, and I need ideas on some kind of green camoflaging system to cover my lower half of my body. Any other comments about the goose recliner , pros or cons, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im thinking about getting one too. I was thinking about using camo burlap to cover my legs and then just laying cornstalks on top of that. They also make a skirt that goes with it for like $50. The only thing i worry about is the limited visibility through the small slots, but id rather pay 70 instead of 250 for a blind. If you get one let me know how you like it. Im thinkin about buyin one for a christmas gift to myself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
They have their place. Visibility is limited out of the slits. In low fields like winter wheat and beans they do the trick. In corn and milo I want a layout blind anyday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had the Goose recliner for over 5 years now and use it mostly during the Sept. season and have had great success with it. We have hunted in both cut corn and cut alfalfa lots. I just cover my legs with whatever color works in the field you're in that day. The visibility can be bad in some but I took mine and made the slits a little wider with a router and it was a vast improvement. My Dad uses the swivel base and I think that is the way to go if you get one. As I have seen the swivel base for sale in Gander Mountain for under $80.
Over all though I am a bigger fan of the laydown blinds as I do think the birds get wary of the goose chair as you are up pretty high. But for the early season its worked great so far.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Save your money and buy a layout blind. I have used them and didn't like them. You can pick up Avery Power Hunter blind for around $100.00 or less right now. You will be totally concealed from the geese, plus they have strps for adding your grass to match your fields you are hunting.

waterfowler4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts