Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own some Big Flock Sils, and need to know if you can get motion stakes which work on these decoys.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Never heard of a silo with motion stakes. Let me do a little explaining.

Silos are flat decoys obviously. When geese fly by and circle the decoys they see the 2 sided decoys from different angles. They decoy also disappears from straight above then reappears as the goose flies by. This gives then the illusion of movement without the silo actually moving. Motion stakes are more effective with shells and fullbodies. They are just lifeless decoys. When geese fly over they see the decoy all the time and it never moves as the watch it. Motion stakes get the shells up off the ground and let the wind add a little life to them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for you replies. I asked because, we are designing a stake to give movment in the lightest of winds. I understand the point of sils moving when a bird flies over etc. But we are looking for something that moves the sils whilst the bird approaches. Our design creates the movement even if the bird flies in straight low line. Well at least it keeps us busy!

Good Huntin!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts