Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many can you shoot in early season? leagally :)
1-2314.29%
3-51152.38%
6+733.33%

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm biting at the bit for this fall. where i live in WI our early season starts the first saturday in sept. and runs 2 weeks. just wondering when some of you other guys can break out the dekes. can't wait to shoot some of the (now fluffy) young and dumb new birds! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here in Ohio we have a Sept. 1 - 15 early season.
Depending on where you hunt , the limit is either 2 or 6 .

Last fall I got 17 geese the first 3 days

Johnch

·
Registered
226 Posts
You need to visit PA. We can bag 8 early season.. Usually starts on the 1st of SEPT but I've not been able to confirm that as of this time. People are sick of em here. They are on almost every park lawn and any available pond. The young are nice an fluffy now. Can't wait to take sucker them in.

·
Registered
761 Posts
ropeagoose said:
You need to visit PA. We can bag 8 early season.. Usually starts on the 1st of SEPT but I've not been able to confirm that as of this time. People are sick of em here. They are on almost every park lawn and any available pond. The young are nice an fluffy now. Can't wait to take sucker them in.
Yeah, but I can't find any of them in my goose fields. :cry:

·
Registered
117 Posts
ropeagoose said:
You need to visit PA...People are sick of em here. They are on almost every park lawn and any available pond. The young are nice an fluffy now. Can't wait to take sucker them in.
You can say that again! They are everywhere...I've seen more run over on the highways this past year than ever before!

In our area (Lehigh Valley) it used to be mostly farms and fields, then all the people from NJ & NY decided to move in since taxes "were" low and the commute was reasonable to work.

Now the hunting fields are filled with out-of-staters living in $350,000+ homes...of course this pushes the geese into now populated areas where we can't shoot them anymore--not to mention our taxes are now high! :cry:

·
Registered
226 Posts
My friend. Your not seeing the geese right now due to the nesting thing with the young ones. Give it about 3 weeks and your going to start seeing them again. The won't leave the little ones for long(if at all) to feed. I've been watching the locals up the street from me. The have not moved much since the young hatched. Give it some time, your going to see more geese this year than ever before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ours in SW MN starts the 3rd of September this year and we can whack 5 birds a day

·
Registered
11 Posts
The TN early season usually starts around the 1st of September and runs for about 2 weeks. We can kill 5 a day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts