Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am going to try hevi-shot this year. This past summer I bought a briley extended improved modified choke and patterned some hevi-shot with it and had some good patterns at 35 yards on a 30 inch circle. So for my first shot i will use a 2 3/4 inch #6 (92% pattern at 35 yards) and try to get a good head shot, then for my second a 3 inch #4 (93% at 35 yards), and for my last shot I will use a 3 inch #2 (93% at 35 yards) for the ones that are flying away and that I still should hit. :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
3" Heavy #4 for the first round. 3" BB for second and third. The heavy is a killer load. I've never shot anything like it. Oh I'm using a MOSS 500 with Mod Choke. This Thursday though, I'll be using an 835 with full just to see how much improvement i'll get. Any opinions???

·
Registered
24 Posts
mod choke (factory) 2 3/4 bb heavy shot and remington nitro steel. i usually load the nitro in the chamber for the close shot and have 2 hs in the mag. for the long flyers. only had 4 cripples last year. last week hunted for 1st time this year only took my nitro steel killed 5 had 1 cripple.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts