Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a Stoeger Model 2000 and it only has a front beed. How do i get a front beed for it do i have to have my sight rib drilled and tapped for a front beed.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Try shooting with the front bead. When you put those fiber optic sights on your gun you tend to focus less on your target. I put electrical tape on mine to hide it. You shoot alot better without anything on the end of the barrel. Fiber optic sights are great for shooting stationary objects like turkeys, but not as great for wingshooting.

To awnser your question, I believe the bead screws out. Then you just get a new one to screw in. Remington shotguns have pressed beads, but I don't believe Stoeger does. You can usually get what you need at ebay, or any major store like Cabelas.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i think fiberoptic sights are great sometimes when you focus on your bird way more than youre gun your lead is great but the angle of your gun may change so you have to train youre eye by shooting often to hold on the bird but hold on your sight to and thats why fiberoptic sights are great because the can hold some of your attention

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agree. when i got my first shotgun at age 13 i had nobody to teach me how to shoot. so i closed one i and aimed (like a rifle). by gathering tips in magazines, i learned to shoot the right way. you point a shotgun, don't aim. close your eyes and shoulder your gun. open them and you should see a flat rib and the bead in the center. if not your gun doesn't fit. like most guys, i shoot with both eyes open and never see my bead. also, too many guys assume if you are right handed that you are right eye dominant. some people are not. use the same shoulder as your dominant eye. (even though both should be open)

to see what eye is dominant stand about 10 ft from a wall. with both eyes open stretch your arm out and point at a small object ( like a beer can :D ) close your left eye. if it looks like you are still pointing at it you are right eye dom. if not do the same thing and close your right eye, if you are pointing directly at it then you are left eye dom. it may take a couple of tries to be sure. (even more if you've had some budwiesers :lol: :lol: )

·
Registered
117 Posts
fireduck said:
I just have the front beed but Im not sure if I see it or not.
Same here, I shoot with both eyes open and don't recall focusing on anything but the geese coming in with their gear down...

It's always so fast that I aim on pure instinct and adding anything beyond a bead seems like a waste of money to me since it won't get used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts