Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what distance do you consider to be skybusting?
50 yards940.91%
60 yards1150.00%
75 yards29.09%

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright i'm gonna start a new topic on sky busting. In my book anything outside of 50 yards is considered sky busting. After that i think hitting and killing a bird is dumb luck. People who sky bust are not good enough hunters to bring them any closer so they have to skybustem to have any chance of bringing something home. It takes a lot for me to not shoot at the people doing the sky busting, all they do is ruin everything for everybody else.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You hit the nail on the head. Took the words right out of my mounth except for the shooting back at them :lol: I had two women hunt with me Sunday afternoon and Michelle was worried that her 20ga wasn't enough gun and I told her that is what I shoot. Couple hours later we each shot a limit of big geese (12lbs). Put em on the deck and a box of shells will go along way.

Double Clucker

·
Registered
761 Posts
double clucker said:
I had two women hunt with me Sunday afternoon and Michelle was worried that her 20ga wasn't enough gun and I told her that is what I shoot. Couple hours later we each shot a limit of big geese (12lbs). Put em on the deck and a box of shells will go along way.

Double Clucker
I hear a lot of people say a 20 gauge can't be a goose gun. I would tell them it shouldn't matter if you are a good shot. I shot one goose this past weekend at 40 yards with my 20 gauge with an imp. choke and Hevi-shot #6. One pellet right threw the chest. He flew about 100 yards and fell from the sky. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey goosehunter. Congrats. I love shooting my 20ga. I shoot 3' #1's steel and I tink Michelle was shooting #4's steel. She does shoot alot. I enjoy working the birds in close. Have ya ever seen a 12 lb goose look like a frisbie. We had a pair come in and tried to land 5 yrds from the pit. Each of the gals picked out a different goose and in 2 shots one was on the ground dead and the other was dead spinning through the air. Thats why we spend so much money on calls and decoys isn't it. :D Good Luck

Double Clucker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts