Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been duck hunting for 2 yrs and i have a double reed duck commander and i am looking to get me a new single reed. I've looked everywhere for a decent single reed call but i am having a hard time finding one because every duck call i look at say that they are the best sounding calls on the market. What call should i get?

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
I won a Foiles straight meat mallard a few months ago....very good and versitile....my new long to mid-range call...will also do the close in work....a great all-round call 8)

·
Registered
265 Posts
rnt short barrel or the dasiy cutter and realy nice call there very loud and still get down on the low end. also they have orignal style single reed calls that are very good also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I were to get a first single reed call again, I would get an RNT Original. It seems to me that several of the RNT calls are suited well to beginning callers as they can take a little more air without locking up and still go low and sound good. In my limited experience, learning to blow a single reed is more difficult and in the end much more rewarding than learning to blow a double reed. The added frustration has made me a much more confident and versitile caller in the long run.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have two Foiles straight meat mallards and I love 'em. The best bang for your "Buck" :roll: , however, is Buck Gardner's Double Nasty. The Tall Timber from Buck is a nice one too if you want a single reed. I have oodles of calls from different makers and when it comes down to callin' and killin' ducks, the double nasty is my fav. You could spend $125 for the acrylics but the molded double nasty is a duck killin' fool for only $20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts