Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else put their silos in a T? I mean by getting two decoys and making the letter T with them so the geese never loses sight of the decoys because you can see it each way (and it looks like it has motion to it). The only thing bad about it is it cuts your silo count in half. Do you think it is worth it or not? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would say that you could put them in a t shape without cutting the decoys. Just put the in the shape of a "T". No cuting required. It may not work the way you want, but I would try that before butchering your silos. You could also cut a few for trial and error and see how it works. Give it a shot and let us know what happens. It could end up a great success. Best of luck!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't cut the silos. I am talking about the amount of silos. If I put them in a T shape, I meant by sticking on right next to the other one. It would look like just one decoy to the geese, but there is really two in that spot. So if you have two dozen silos, you would only have a dozen decoys because you are using 2 decoys to make that T shape. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey thats cool. We all get confused from time to time. I guess it was my time. I'd say that putting in a T would still allow for all to be seen. It would jsut depend on the angle you or the geese are looking at them. IT sounds like a good idea to me. Give it a shot and let me know how it works out. You could always set them up in your yard and see how it looks. Take some pictures from different angles and see how it looks. That may help you make decision.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the idea from the movie "Bellied up". I used it this season. I can't say it didn't work. The birds still came in and landed. I just don't like that you only have half of the silos when you do it. O well, I guess nothing is perfect, huh. :roll: I will have to watch it again because I am already miss knocking them out of the sky. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also tried this. Can not say if it worked or not they still came in. It does cut down on the spred. We went back to our normal way. We just make sure we put them in differnt directions. So when the geese do take a look they appear and disappear, makes for good movement :) :)

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I don't put mine in a T, but do angle them in their family groups, so that they are all facing different directions. I feel you waste a little of your spread putting them that close together. I like a little more space, so I can have a larger looking spread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts