Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am new to this forum so i wanted to just say hey and ask a question. hope you all can help. i am looking to purchase a new 10 gauge semiauto shotgun within the next month or so and am interested in the performance and recoil differences in the two models listed in the title. the gun will be used for goose and turkey hunting if that matters. also what is the percieved recoil difference of a 10 gauge from one of these guns vs. a remington 1187 with a 3.5 inch 12 gauge load in it. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
306 Posts
go with the rem sp-10. it is a copy of the older ithaca mag 10. it has a very good recoil system like a beretta or benelli and i use mine for geese and dont really notice that much of a difference in recoil. after all, you have on heavy clothes and one or two shots is not going to cripple you.

that sp-10 with hevi shot is a slayer out to 60-70 yds. put a patternmaster chole tube on it and it is awesome for geese and/or turkey. look on gunbroker.com for a good deal. there are some on there for 650-750 in good shape.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I personally like the Gold a little better, but you really can't go wrong with either one. See which one fits you best and buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts