Goose Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
nr_gooseslayer said:
And yep Cashman if your truck is covered in stickers that makes you a tool in my book. Let me guess you hunt 10 times a year, shoot about 30 birds and think you are pretty awesome huh?
It's about 15 to 20 times thank you, and last year it was 28 birds for me. And for the record I stopped thinking I was awesome about 9 years ago. Now I know I am. Matter of fact I make awesome look pretty weak. :thumbsup: :roll:

come on man, do you really think that? Do you really judge guys by the piles of birds at their feet, the number of days they can spend in the blinds and the decals on their trucks? Do you really think you can just look at a persons truck and instantly know the kind of person they are? The way I see it, I'll take the time to talk to someone and get to know them and what they stood for before I made a decision about what I thought of them. But hey man, you can totally think I'm a tool because I have four stickers on the truck window, but I'll wait until I get the chance to look you in the eye and shake your hand before I decide if you're the kind of person I want leave my family to spend time with.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
I only have three stickers on my truck, none of which obscure more than 20% of my rear window. Does that mean I'm a tool, I'm awesome or I'm an awesome tool? I have only killed a couple thousand geese in the last 29 years. Do I deserve to have a status higher than the next guy that eeks out a couple limits a season because he has family obligations and doesn't staff for a waterfowl product company? Heck no! I'd rather hunt with the latter any day of the week. Those are the fun guys! Those are the guys that appreciate ANY hunt they go on, I got skunked many...MANY times last year and I gotta say I had a blast every time! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Ok. Back on topic. While I like a sticker or two, I think you can definetely overdo it, which is my humble opinion. You risk getting backdoored by those not wanting to put in the work and just drive around looking for other guys hunting a hot field, rather than actually put in the time and effort and scout. You also certainly do have a higher risk having your stuff ganked right out of your trailer/truck if it is festuned with a mural of game specific stickers and ufortunately yes, most of the guys that would be willing to gank your stuff are other hunters, looking for a cheap, quick way to "better" their spread. I know some guys that will even put their shotguns out in their trailer or vehicle the night before a hunt to keep from maybe forgetting something in the rush to get to their spot early. I simply won't do that as I don't care how strong the lock is that you put on the door, no one said the crook has to try to break the lock to get at your gaer! The side of most trailers aren't any tougher than the skin on a small airplane...very easy to cut through. Now MY trailer? a theif is gonna have to also get through 23/32" 4 layer ply too, so good luck doing that and not waking the neighbors! :sniper:

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Anything can be over done, stickers aren't an exception. I got friends that over do tattoos, some that smoke too much, and some that work too much. Doesn't make them a tool though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll note that after moving back to a metro area and seeing how many people have stickers on their rigs, I can see how land owners may be a little turned off. I was told this year that I was xxxx number person to stop and ask etc., and this was at several places. I don't have any stickers on my rig and I like that. Landowners don't get any pre conceived notions when they see a plain pickup with a topper pull in the drive.

Sent using my bag phone

·
Registered
211 Posts
nr_gooseslayer said:
Usually the more stickers you have on your truck, the less hunting ability you possess. Why anybody sticks all that goofy crap all over their truck is beyond me. Getting to be some new unintended consequences with the law to think about as well.
You find it necessary to trash a fellow hunter and call him names because he has a few stickers on his truck???? It would appear there are many, many things that are "beyond you".

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am pretty new here but I must say that for these particular decals aren't you guys over-reacting? personally I like the Z71 decals, too bad the bad the truck I would put them on is a POS.

OP they are sharp looking decals

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
bardern said:
I am pretty new here but I must say that for these particular decals aren't you guys over-reacting? personally I like the Z71 decals, too bad the bad the truck I would put them on is a POS.

OP they are sharp looking decals
Welcome to GHC, where over reacting is the norm with some guys.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Guys I dident want to start arguments her.. I came across these and thought they would look great on my truck to show my intrest.. I can see some views on over decalling your ride and yourself.. Being a competitive archer I have sponcers and belong to some Pro Staff's for archery equipment maybe in archery its diffrent but sponcers want there name out there to show people what we are shooting..I maybe took for granted goose hunting in general was the same and it is my mistake.. I did not intend to start a argument.I love this forum and found everyone very helpfull and got some great answers to questions..

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Bowjoe said:
Guys I dident want to start arguments her.. I came across these and thought they would look great on my truck to show my intrest.. I can see some views on over decalling your ride and yourself.. Being a competitive archer I have sponcers and belong to some Pro Staff's for archery equipment maybe in archery its diffrent but sponcers want there name out there to show people what we are shooting..I maybe took for granted goose hunting in general was the same and it is my mistake.. I did not intend to start a argument.I love this forum and found everyone very helpfull and got some great answers to questions..
Don't worry about it bro. Some guys have strong opinions and unfortunately don't have the social skills to coney those opions without getting folks fired up. There is always 2 ways to say something and some folks choose the wrong way. Besides...it's an internet forum. Arguments WILL happen...nothing you can do about it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Cool decals. I'll look em up when I get a different truck next year

I laugh every time I see the comment, "Way to put decals on your truck/trailer. Now thieves will know you have nice stuff." Give me a break. Locks and insurance take care of that problem. That's like refusing to buy a Starter Jacket back in the early 90's because some gangster might thump you. :lol: I don't see a problem in guys representing the products they use. Don't care what it is. I won't think any less of you right off the bat.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I bought a SWEET Clevland Browns starter jacket and a badass matching hat back in the 90's...wore it once before the weather changed and then that summer the team moved :? ...i was mad but not as mad as my mom when i told her i couldn't wear that anymore. :rolling: :rolling: I resorted to a heavy camo jacket that next winter after a tongue thrashing from her :lol:

JP

·
Registered
338 Posts
nr_gooseslayer said:
State troopers are watching for those trucks covered with Avery, etc decals. You better have a DOT log book on board too. If a prostaffer takes compensation irregardless of what it is they need to have one. They figure nobody would advertise like that for free. Guy on another forum got stopped in Iowa for it, and a few of the local cops here will too.

And yep Cashman if your truck is covered in stickers that makes you a tool in my book. Let me guess you hunt 10 times a year, shoot about 30 birds and think you are pretty awesome huh?
I hope you where trying to be funny.

·
Registered
205 Posts
JP_hntnfsh said:
I bought a SWEET Clevland Browns starter jacket and a badass matching hat back in the 90's...wore it once before the weather changed and then that summer the team moved :? ...i was mad but not as mad as my mom when i told her i couldn't wear that anymore. :rolling: :rolling: I resorted to a heavy camo jacket that next winter after a tongue thrashing from her :lol:

JP
:rolling: I was more of a hockey fan. I had a Colorado Avalanche jacket. I thought I was pretty cool. I was a huge fan of the Nordiques before they were moved to Colorado. If only I knew back then how much the Avs fans would annoy me today, I would have invested in something better. :(

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Holy cow.... While reading through this post I had to stop and look to make sure I didn't accidently click on my duck hunting chat bookmark by mistake. :roll:

·
Registered
106 Posts
huntguy04 said:
Holy cow.... While reading through this post I had to stop and look to make sure I didn't accidently click on my duck hunting chat bookmark by mistake. :roll:
Was thinking the exact same thing. Definitely a reason I only go to that site to occasionally check out the classifieds anymore.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I've seen too many rear windows broke out of trucks (stolen guns) and too many decoy trailers broken into or stolen...common theme was they all were plastered with decals. Got a buddy that is a cop and he's working a theft right now involving an 8x20 trailer full of blinds, atv, and dekes. Some guys take a lot of pride into what they put on their truck or trailer, but you won't see much more than a delta or DU sticker on my rig. Been there, done that.

Sent from my DROID Pro

21 - 40 of 42 Posts