1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's also a great way to say you probably have expensive shiz in your truck to make it worth breaking into. Of course that only goes for the crooks in the know.

Sent using my bag phone

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Theyre also a great way to show people exact what your about, I've gotten asked to go hunting with students because of the decals. Since setting decoy spreads doesn't come up that often in physics, they didn't know I was that serious about it. The stickers told them I was addicted :lol:

Reactions: Mikehunts3%

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
As far as trailer stickers go, I don't mind some stickers. Not a fan anymore of huge murals on the side's though. I agree it does tend to stick out more but in all reality if you are into waterfowling and see another trailer in/near fields, you know what's in there even if it didn't have stickers..decoys!. Basic joe schmo may not know but they aren't the ones you have to worry about stealing gear from you. It's the other waterfowlers that would.... If I hunted a honey hole I would do my best to hide truck or trailer best I could regardless if I had stickers on it or not.
Truck stickers, is what it is. I'm always used to seeing vehicles with stickers on the back of their windows. Rarely even notice what they say. Only excepting is when people wrap their trucks in camo. Then I notice. Kinda like the murals on the side of the trailers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lonegoose said:
Only excepting is when people wrap their trucks in camo. Then I notice. Kinda like the murals on the side of the trailers.
Funny you mention that.. We started putting emphasis in a new area, we pass a house and their is a early 00s truck spray painted in some waterfowl pattern with stickers all over it.. Girlfriend looks at me and says "you think that guys a threat" I reply "looking at his truck, not a chance" Every evening morning we drive by there sits this truck..

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Usually the more stickers you have on your truck, the less hunting ability you possess. Why anybody sticks all that goofy crap all over their truck is beyond me. Getting to be some new unintended consequences with the law to think about as well.

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
nr_gooseslayer said:
Usually the more stickers you have on your truck, the less hunting ability you possess. Why anybody sticks all that goofy crap all over their truck is beyond me. Getting to be some new unintended consequences with the law to think about as well.
Deer hunters are the worse offenders for stickers on trucks. Bone collecter stickers and whole back window is a mural LOL. Silly deer hunters. :stirpot:

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
nr_gooseslayer said:
:roll: so every truck with any stickers sitting by the woods met be on the realtree prostaff? I'd say any one tht feels the need to quantify hunting ability needs to spend more time worrying about themselves than worrying about how good or bad other guys are at doing what they do.

Elaborate on the law comment... Curious about what they might be.

Reactions: Mikehunts3%

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
cashman said:
Elaborate on the law comment... Curious about what they might be.
For one, states require a certain amount of the rear glass to be unobstructed by stickers. You can be pulled over and fined for this. Then again if a cop has nothing better to do than pull you over for stickers then he...well...we won't go there.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
State troopers are watching for those trucks covered with Avery, etc decals. You better have a DOT log book on board too. If a prostaffer takes compensation irregardless of what it is they need to have one. They figure nobody would advertise like that for free. Guy on another forum got stopped in Iowa for it, and a few of the local cops here will too.

And yep Cashman if your truck is covered in stickers that makes you a tool in my book. Let me guess you hunt 10 times a year, shoot about 30 birds and think you are pretty awesome huh?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Kyle said:
x2, and most of my farmer friends would never give permission to such a vehicle.
One of the big landowners west of town just sticks his head out the door and says "no way" when he sees those trucks pull in. He doesn't even let them get out of the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,423 Posts
nr_gooseslayer said:
And yep Cashman if your truck is covered in stickers that makes you a tool in my book. Let me guess you hunt 10 times a year, shoot about 30 birds and think you are pretty awesome huh?
I think this is a bit harsh. I hunt maybe 15 times a year and I put a lot of effort into it. I'm sure Cashman and a lot of others are in the same boat. Most of us have jobs that limit our capacity to spend 60 days afield. And hell yes I think I am pretty awesome. And seriously, all waterfowlers are tools. We all are getting used by the industry to sell their products. Calls, decoys, ammo..you name it, we buy it then recommend it at no personal gain to ourselves. There are a lot of people that are proud to be waterfowlers and love to show it and there is nothing wrong with that! You sir may be as big of a tool as myself or Cashman.

But lets redirect this topic back to the OP and check out the decals, like them or not.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
nr_gooseslayer said:
State troopers are watching for those trucks covered with Avery, etc decals. You better have a DOT log book on board too. If a prostaffer takes compensation irregardless of what it is they need to have one. They figure nobody would advertise like that for free. Guy on another forum got stopped in Iowa for it, and a few of the local cops here will too.

Show me the DOT reg that says if you staff for a product company, you need to have a log book. :roll:

I'm gonna let Jay and the guys that know and hunt with him to hadle this one. For the record, Cashman is one of the nicest, most honest HUNTERS I have ever had the pleasure to meet. You? Don't even know you and you've rubbed me the wrong way twice so far today. :? I get it too. Sometimes you just get up on the wrong side of the bed and all...this must be that day for you?...

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
I'm awesome too because my mommy...and my hoodie tell me so. :rolling:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lonegoose said:
nr_gooseslayer said:
Deer hunters are the worse offenders for stickers on trucks. Bone collecter stickers and whole back window is a mural LOL. Silly deer hunters. :stirpot:
Ok to quit ripping on fellow waterfowlers I will get on the guys that pursue ditch goats and you are right.. Love the ones that have a Mathews and a Hoyt sticker, Realtree and Mossy Oak.. :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts