Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 100 texas rags to hunt snows. My spread will consist of 6 full body decoys, 24 shells, 24 silohettes, and 100 rags. Is this a big enough spread to bring in some snows? I hunt near the refuges (Sacramento, Delevan) in Northern CA.

I have hunted with guides that had 6-700 dekes and done well, but setting up that many decoys solo would be very difficult.

Turk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Doing the same here in Arkansas. Can one or two hunters set up a small productive spread? I continue to experiment with rags, shells, silo's in small spreads but have yet to produce consistently.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always done well with 100 texas rags and up to 300 non-glare paper plates, spreading them around and behind the rags to add mass. Plus a lot of calling to add realism (since we're always competing with several "spreads" of up to 5,000 live snowgeese). It's always amazing when you have 500-1,000 geese fly over - you almost forget to shoot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.