Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it common to pull Geese off of water into your spread?
YES360.00%
NO240.00%

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am lucky enough to live smack dab between 5 different Lakes/Ponds. They all hold Geese at one time of the season or another. In between them is corn/alph alpha/oats in different locations. I always have some geese in my area. I've noticed that when I go outside and give a call or 2 that I can usually get them off the lake and into the air within about 5 minutes. Is this uncommon? Any one else have a similar ability or situation? Just curious? Oh and one more topic if you care to add a comment, I have some older Flameau's that could use a touchup or two. Any suggestions would be welcome unless your B-Unit!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
do u actually think u pull geese off the water, or, is it maybe that they just intend to feed in the fields u are hunting.

·
Registered
443 Posts
We have had them come off a pond and sweep into us for us calling, but I don't think they will come off because your calling. They heard us once in a while and came to investigate when they decided to leave the spot they were in.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking this to be more of the case, I'm just trying to understand them a little better as to become a more effective goose getter.. I don't think that I can get them off the roost with my magic call ( I'm not bad for a beginner so I'm told). I've just found that when I call, more often than not, I get flyovers and the occational circle. I was also wondering if you may have thought this to be a territorial issue. Someone is stealing my cheese kind of thing for them???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Usually when the geese leave the water they are looking for a place to feed. If you set up in a place where there is food you will have a good chance of luring them in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You definetly do not have the wrong idea..............We hunt resident geese a lot also ,and YES we have got them up and off the water by calling for a few min .Nobody belived me either untill I showed them .If they are close enough to hear 2 or 3 guys calling they will leave the water much sooner than if you didnt call at all.Try It!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts