Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Get some hevi or try the new "Super shot" that I will soon be testing. It will come out sometime in August. Or just try the nitro steel and see what happens.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a bad experiance with Remington shells. They jammed in the chamber after fireing. And I use a 870 super mag. I heard Remington uses cheeper brass and it expands.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i had to buy some shells late season and all that was avail was nitro steel. works great in my mag 10 anf sp-10. no complaints. pretty fast load. i guess it is worth the mony as you get 25 shells vs 10 shells with the hevi.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Hey kid, glad to see you're still pinging us old guys with the questions.

Nitro steel's been around for a long time. I used it for years and loved it. When Kent came out with Fasteel, I gave that a try, switched, and have never looked back. If the Nitro is in your price range, you really won't be disappointed. You can, however, pick up some of the 1500+ fps steel for pretty cheap and you you can't go wrong withe the faster stuff. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just got a few boxes of the Winchester Xpert steel. Nice patern and nice price. The Nitro Mags bring down the birds but I too had some issues with them jamming in the cold.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I am not a fan of Remington shells (excluding Hevi, which I can't afford anyway). Never had luck with them. I shoot Kents mainly, and also Winchester Supremes and occasionally Drylocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts