Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just stared blowing my first short reed, and it sounds preety good, but could use some advice on double clucks,moans, and come back calls.

Tkans for the advice, good hunting,
Goose man

·
Registered
66 Posts
Goose Man
Get Shawn Stahls? Honker Talk. This is the best instructional video I have seen. I just bought it this year and have been blowing a short reed for 4 years now and he showed me some new stuff. I could tell you referance words to try but, having a video and acctually seeing someone else do it makes it easier for me to learn. If you want to try some stuff for double cluck there are several different ways on a short reed and they all sound different. The quickest one that I use to get a flocks attention is by using the referance "aka aka aka" you can slow it down or speed it up and go from high to low all at the same time. As for a moan I use the word ha. I think any word that makes you drop your lower jaw will produce a moan. Hope this helps.

Double Clucker

·
Registered
97 Posts
The easiest way to sound better is to get a call that is tuned for you, not just thrown together. there are a few calls that come out of the box pretty good, but others need to be tuned to your liking. for a doble cluck it is best to master your high cluck, and your low cluck and then put them together, and speed it up through practice. to moan i just make a GUHHHHHHHH sound, and i bring it from deep down in my gut. and for a come back i just use sort of an EEAAWWW, and i throw in a little voice inflection. i hoped that made sense i havent really tried to explain it before

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi, this might help you.don't puff your cheek's. say the word's two-wit your tongue will be at bottom of your mouth for two.quickly snap it to the roof of your mouth for wit. put them together two-wit two-wit.laydown call- little puffs of air ,be sounding like a growling sound. whine- eeeee-awwwww just as it sound's. hail call it will be two- then hammer the wit on the end.double cluck-hucka-hucka-hucka alittle harder to master.triple cluck-wit- tle -wit.be a three tone part. spit -hard to describe your almost chokeing barrel -off. you hear this when geese are coming in and landing because ther hungry or happy.need any other help pm me. see-ya steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts