Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me if it would be easier to buy a Marlin 55 Goose Gun then convert with a 10 ga Super Goose barrel or is it that difficult to find a 10 ga super goose gun. Will the 10ga. super goosebarrel fit on the 12 ga. Marlin 55. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No,the 10 gauge barrel will not fit a 12 gauge gun. I'm assuming you want a 10 on a budget? If so, you can probably find a Browning pump 10 for $500 or less, or maybe a double,only problem with a double is it's hard to find with choke tubes as most are older with fixed chokes and real tight- too tight for steel, also, many are not proofed for steel and you'll shoot the chokes out of them. There's lots of websites you can look at to shop for 10's. PM if you'd like more info.

·
Registered
605 Posts
IMHO you would be better off with a 12 ga 3.5" anyways.
#1 it is the same payload as a 10ga
#2 flexibility to use the 12 ga on other species too
#3 Availibility of 12 ga shells much better too.
#4 The Marlin is effectively a single shot with its bolt.
#5 with tits very long barrel it his hard to use when compared to a 28" barrelled 12 ga.

I Used to own athe super goose---been there, done that, lets not do that again type of thing. :roll:

If on a budget-consider the Benelli Nova in 3.5", it is the best pump on the market for the price which is about $300

1 - 3 of 3 Posts