Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in the midland area and I am really looking forward to the early season and the regular season we get a good # of geese in this area.

Put 'em on the gound
Nate

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hunt Southeastern mi from Albion to Ann arbor
plenty of hunters not enough spots and Howell to Lansing
I am also trying to hunt allegan county but am struggling to find land

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in fenton I just started hunting geese last yr but it's mainly traffic geese and best in the last season. have been lookin for good places to go on public land and also plan on asking more people this yr. I have 18 hardcores and a zink finisher blind. looking to hook up with somepeople I could learn a little from plus does anyone ever apply for the shiawasse goose hunt? :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fenton can be a great area. Have you tried knocking on doors of farmers up there? Get out there quick the good spots will be all leased up.
Shiawasse is great if you get the good blind we had a great blind once and were told to basically go home with the second draw.

Late season is great in fenton becuase of the open water right? That may be what I heard. Find cattle farmers they cut silage first and would have the best fields to be in

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes lake fenton takes awhile to freeze was open water until almost mid january.There are some farm lands close will probably take my nephew out asking for permission. you said something about leasing what is the rate do you ever lease property to hunt?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey takem I was just in Midland last Saturday looking at some dogs you ever hear of Kieselcreek Kennels? I was looking at some cheseapeke bay retreivers really thinking on getting one

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most property around Southeast Mi that is any good is leased up specifically for hunting. a lot of it is deer hunting but the real good goose spots are leased as well. It can be very expensive. We are fortunate to know someone that leases his property at a fair price.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Taking your nephew would be a great idea. If you find a real good spot offer the guy some money or to do some work around his farm for him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im in wyandotte here hunt up in Gladwin also if any one needs an extra caller shooter PM...lol. Seriousley though would love to hook up with some fellow goose killers from Michigan! :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kool was just checkin the dates for the early season. I'm up here in Fenton nr holly and Brighton I guess they both have places to go Just wondering if you ever hunted public land? I even hear Iona is good or baycity rec. do plan on bein at the fest this weekend?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts