Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
All I can tell you is that in 20+ years of shooting my Mag-10 I have never once had to replace any part nor have I ever taken it apart to clean it and it's never once misfired or been finicky. All I do is spray the chit out of it with WD-40 after each hunt and I have been good to go all these years, and that's no B.S.. I have the 32" full choke and I shoot "T" shot from Sporting Arms in Michigan. I wouldnt trade that gun even if you were offering me a Purdy.................. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
NO but me and my magnum had a good morning today. Started off slow but about 09:30 it really started to snow hard and within the next 10 minutes the birds started to fly. I had my Avalanche silly's out and the birds worked well. I took my time and over the next 40 min or so I limited out on 3 nice big honkers. A great day to be out........................... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes sad but true. I figure if it ain't broke don't fix it. That plus the fact that I'm not too sure I could get it back together again if I took it apart. Gunsmithing is not my forte'...... :beer:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I may take you up on that Mike. All I have are some really old guns and when you take them apart it's not like taking apart a modern firearm. For example I took my Savage Mod 30"C" circa 1970 apart and when I took oput the trigger assy a spring shot out and the mechanism basically came apart in my hands. I had a HECK of a time getting it back together so Im leary of taking the Mag-10 apart for the same reason. But if you can provide info that would be great, because as I said "I ain't no gunsmith" Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks Mike I will give it a try AFTER the season. I thi8nk following your directions it shouldn't be so tough. Thanks again..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't know which barrels can't shoot steel but if it's any help at all I had a box of "F" shot that I ran thru my mag-10 and there isn't the slightest hint of damage. Also I am looking at an old copy of "Waterfowlers World" circa 1986 and there is a picture of a Mag-10 and the article states that it is the ultimate gun for steel shot. In case you guys are too young to remember 1987 was the first year for steel shot so they must have made it "steel ready", at least that's how I read it. Oh yea the cover of that Waterfowlers World has a very neat picture of Teddy Roosevelt and about 8 other guys all with double barrels, standing around for a hero shot at Marling Farms in Maryland..................... :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts