Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice from seasoned Goose Hunters. I am looking at buying a 10 gauge auto loader shotgun for goose hunting on the Texas Coast around Pt Lavaca. Right now, I am looking at these two shotguns to buy for that purpose...an Ithica Mag-10 or a Remington SP-10...both are used and in almost new shape. The Ithica asking price is $849 while they want $1249 for the Remington, but it is in a Moss Oak Duck Blind Camo. I could care less about the camo pattern on the Remington, and would prefer the Ithica due to the price, but more importantly I am interested in the quality, handling, jamming, patterning, and ability to stand up to heavy steel loads & weather conditions...mud and rain...of the firearms. Both are chambered for 3 1/2 inch magnum 10 gauge shells. Anyone know anything about these two...I alread own a Remington 11-87 12 gauge 3 inch mag that I use for duck hunting, and I love it. It handles steel shot magnum loads very weill...patterns excellently, and never jams. I am open to advice. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay mikebig1, I went on line and Google d for the replacement springs at Wolff. A combination pack extra power spring pack, includes a recoil spring, hammer spring, and magazine spring; for $21.99 plus shipping. Any other things I need to know about the Ithaca Mag 10? I appreciate the information. As far as Gooseasauruses are concerned...I like to kill my birds outright...not wound them, and then my Lab have to get into a fist fight with them when he goes out and tries to retrieve them. I am tired of guys using under "gunned" firearms and ammo and just wounding birds. These majestic animals deserve better from us!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts