Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new pair of hunting boots that can be worn for both goose hunting and deer hunting. I have a pair of Irish Setter Havoc uninsulated boots that I love right now. I am looking for an insulated pair in the 400-800 gram range. My feet don't get cold when walking but when laying in the blind they seem to get cold. I have found I cant wear boots over 9 inches high otherwise I would buy the insulated version of the Havoc's. Does anyone have any reviews on Danner's, Irish Setters or Cabelas brand boots that are durable and waterproof.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Unless you get a neoprene or rubber type knee boot, make sure your boots are constructed with gore-tex.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Don't know about you 9" tall rule, but I would highly recommend the Lacrosse Aerohead boot in 3.5 mm neoprene. I use them for turkey season and my feet don't get overly warm. With a good pair of wool socks I've no issues with cold feet even when I hunted in sub zero Minnesota temps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
huntguy04 said:
Don't know about you 9" tall rule, but I would highly recommend the Lacrosse Aerohead boot in 3.5 mm neoprene. I use them for turkey season and my feet don't get overly warm. With a good pair of wool socks I've no issues with cold feet even when I hunted in sub zero Minnesota temps.
How long have you been using that pair of boots. Isn't it very expensive when it comes to price?

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
perrydave said:
huntguy04 said:
How long have you been using that pair of boots. Isn't it very expensive when it comes to price?
Going on my third year with them and they are still holding up like brand new. They are tough as nails and tougher than any muck boot i've ever owned. wingsupply.com has them for 129.99 right now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I upgraded boots last season to 1200 grams insulation due to hunting in northern Illinois. My feet now stay warm now in the blind. Wing supply has some great deals!

·
Registered
13 Posts
cptmorgan said:
I am looking for a new pair of hunting boots that can be worn for both goose hunting and deer hunting. I have a pair of Irish Setter Havoc uninsulated boots that I love right now. I am looking for an insulated pair in the 400-800 gram range. My feet don't get cold when walking but when laying in the blind they seem to get cold. I have found I cant wear boots over 9 inches high otherwise I would buy the insulated version of the Havoc's. Does anyone have any reviews on Danner's, Irish Setters or Cabelas brand boots that are durable and waterproof.

Thanks
As a :sniper: hunter, you are undoubtedly aware that you need a variety of gear to ensure that every hunt is successful. One of the most important pieces of equipment every hunter has to invest in is their boots. There are a lot of options regarding hunting boots, so how do you choose the best hunting boots to buy?
top 27 Best Hunting Boots 2018 - Reviews & Top Comparison Chart.
https://www.huntingbootspro.com/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts