Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a young hunter with a dozen shells and that's just not gettin it done. I'm tight on money but I hear something about making silo's? Any ideas for adding more decoys to my spread would be helpful. THANKS!

·
Registered
78 Posts
that'S a good way to add no is cut yourself silo you could use luan very cheap and after just paint them the slio give the the look of movement in the spread

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And they sell sheets of cardboard plastic at a sign store? Cause wood is too heavy for me to carry by myself for the distance i have to go to get to a certain spot.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am cutting out plastic cardboard now from a sign shop to make silos. I got some heavier stuff from a buudy that sells carpet from the back of old displays. Then paint. I will do pics as I go along.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I take the pastic signs down off the phone poles (you know the ones) that stuff is $25 a 4x8 sheet! The guys with the phone company love it bucause the sign hangers are trespassing and it's a safety hazard to the workers. you can get one silo from one average size sign. one day my kindergardener and I took down 46 signs in a 4 mile area in about 30 minutes. for a carrier, take old blue jeans (aunt easter's work the best), sew the waist shut, cut the legs off at the knees and split the inseam to the crotch. attach extra material for a handle and your off cheep!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My sheets of plastic cardboard should soon be on the way, but I have a question.....What kind of stakes should I buy/make for the silo's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts