Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a recipe that one can use for Hevi-Shot that does not require buffer, mylar, fillers, etc. ,etc.? I have loaded using all those items before when I have loaded Bismuth. I am wondering if all those things are required for Hevi-Shot. Also maybe someone can tell me why it is all necessary. ?:

·
Registered
38 Posts
You will need buffer - for all the same reasons you need it for Bismuth. Also, make sure you are using wads that are specifically for Hevi-Shot. If you don't, you are costing yourself a lot on your pattern and effectiveness.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Order this Hevi-Shot Manual. It is the best $10 you'll ever spend. This is the one I use, and there are a ton of recipes for whatever Hevi-Shot application you are looking for. As far as fillers, etc - I just follow the recipe, if it says use it - make sure you use it. You can find the manual from this website.

http://www.bucksrunsports.com/

·
Registered
761 Posts
Buy the manual and follow it. Never subsitute anything, ever. You need all that stuff to keep pressure down and prevent scoring in your barrel (hope I spelled all that right :lol:). They have hevi-shot kits at BPI. It will give you everything you need, just no powder. If you buy the kit, they will give you free shipping also. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts