Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a Tim Grounds half breed, been using it for 6 years. I'm not too bad with it, but it's not deep enough for the birds I'm hunting. Before I get in the game of buying/selling calls, is there any that are strictly deep blowing calls?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also have the half-breed.I didnt have much use for it so I kept it in my guide bag for 3 years,And kept blowing flutes.I had a pay shooter that had Hunter G's 007.It had deeper tones so I purchased one,and after practicing for a week i use nothing else,and it even trained me to get some nice tones out of the half-breed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mann's goose flute in graphite is number one in my book, followed by Tim Grounds on days the MANN DOESN'T WORK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On that Half-breed, Try growling into the call.You also have to manipulate your hands a bit to get that sound. Its there. When you do this cut back on your air presure going into the call. In other words, don't blow that call hard or you will get that high, migrator sound. Have some finnese with your diaphragm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have used the GK Giant Slayer and it is awesome. I live in Ontario,Canada and the geese respond very well to it. Check out their web site and if you have any questions give Bob a call he will answer and tune your call personally.

·
Registered
24 Posts
THIS is my first year hunting geese i bought a HS TUBE . very hard to use. a friend suggested i buy a sean mann. and i love it. only took 2 days to learn what i needed too

·
Registered
20 Posts
I HAD USED A S-M EASTERN SHOREMAN FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS BUT I WANTED SOMETHING DEEPER. I PICKED UP A BIG RIVER LONG HONKER AND IT IS GREAT EASIER TO BLOW THAN THE S-M AND IT IS VERY MELLOW. MY FRIEND HAS A BIG RIVER FINALE FLIGHT AND IT IS VERY HIGH PITCHED. I LOVE THIS BIG RIVER LONG HONKER. HALF THE PRICE OF MOST CALLS TOO

MY OTHER FRIEND DROPED THE BIG MONEY AND BOUGHT A STRAIGHT MEAT BY FOILES. IT SOUNDS GOD WHEN HE WORKS IT SLOW. I THINK A LITTLE MORE PRACTICE AND HELL HAVE A GREAT CALL

DONT SHOOT UNTILL THEY DROP THEIR LANDING GEAR NOODLEBENDER

·
Registered
14 Posts
u need no call suggestions, any call i meen any call can be tuned to have a deeper more gutteral sound. but i recommend tru-tone or ganser freestyle cause those are the 2 calls i have blown in competitions

·
Registered
14 Posts
noodlebender said:
I HAD USED A S-M EASTERN SHOREMAN FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS BUT I WANTED SOMETHING DEEPER. I PICKED UP A BIG RIVER LONG HONKER AND IT IS GREAT EASIER TO BLOW THAN THE S-M AND IT IS VERY MELLOW. MY FRIEND HAS A BIG RIVER FINALE FLIGHT AND IT IS VERY HIGH PITCHED. I LOVE THIS BIG RIVER LONG HONKER. HALF THE PRICE OF MOST CALLs
NOODLEBENDER
i use the long honker as well i shave the reedon it and it sounds even better

·
Super Moderator
651 Posts
I use a Winglock delrin, quite deep and goosey....much like the GK slayer

·
Registered
472 Posts
No matter how good you are or how hard you try, if you want deep the half breed isn't the ticket. The Sean Mann Eastern Shoreman is a great call but that isn't it either if you want deep and mellow. I have found Foiles, Buck Gardner, Zink, and RNT calls have comparable sounds. The main difference between those calls is how easy they blow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts