Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just wanted to get some insight. I’m a new waterfowl hunter this is my first year hunting geese and ducks. It’s late season here in pa got some private property land here in pa past two night had two nice flocks come into my spread had a nice 20 birds come right over my decoys but as soon as they flew over the decoys they turned directions. The corn field I’m hunting in is still packed with snow with the corned stubbles poking through. Idk if they saw me and my layout blind I didn’t have a snow cover on it. I cracked two shots off didn’t even hit one. It was maybe a 40 yard shot I shoot a Mosberg 835 ulti mag and running a anaconda long range choke in it i haven’t got a chance to get it patterned yet. But any advice would be appreciated thanks!

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
Hello everyone just wanted to get some insight. I’m a new waterfowl hunter this is my first year hunting geese and ducks. It’s late season here in pa got some private property land here in pa past two night had two nice flocks come into my spread had a nice 20 birds come right over my decoys but as soon as they flew over the decoys they turned directions. The corn field I’m hunting in is still packed with snow with the corned stubbles poking through. Idk if they saw me and my layout blind I didn’t have a snow cover on it. I cracked two shots off didn’t even hit one. It was maybe a 40 yard shot I shoot a Mosberg 835 ulti mag and running a anaconda long range choke in it i haven’t got a chance to get it patterned yet. But any advice would be appreciated thanks!
when they are about 150yd. out I use a feed murmur to seal the deal....works for me. I'd also clear some snow....to expose ground feed. what decoys are you using?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts