Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know full bodys are probably the most effective decoys but I just cant afford that many of them. So how do silos compare? Also is it a good idea to mix the two so the geese see something from directly overhead?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Silos are a great filler, but I would buy the fullbodies before the silos. Beware, fullbodies are a pain the the a$$ to haul around, silos are not. :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is a fair mix of silos, full bodys, and shells the best way to go or should I stay away from any one type of them? I apreciate the help thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
They will all work if you are were the birds want to be. Scouting is the most thing when it comes to goose hunting. I use a mix of everything myself.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks goosehunter, I have a dozen shells right now and by buddy has some silos but were going to add to our spread for next year. thanks again for the help.

Chad

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I also use a bit of everything. If you want a larger spread go with the silos. You can always add fullbodies later. I have killed a bunch over just silos or a silo and shell spread. Be where they want to be, be smart when you set up and you won't have any problems

1 - 8 of 8 Posts