Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your favorite blind and why? Too many to choose from and I'm not sure what's right.

I'm about 6'1, 260 so I'm a bit too big for the smaller models. :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you want a large blind go with the FA legacy. I'm not a big fan of FA, but from what I know that's the largest blind out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only problem with the legacy is it sticks out like a soar thumb (too big?)...

I guess it depends on the fields you're hunting in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Buy the cheapiest Wheel Barrow you can find, throw the wheel and the handles away, solder up the holes in the shell, paint it, tie a string on the front , drag it out and sit in it all day..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:D HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY LEGACY PRO GUIDE. THIS A.M. MY SON AND I LIMITED OUT WITH HIS DOG WORKING FROM HIS BLIND. ALL CANADA'S GREAT SHOOT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we use the avery migrator blind. Hunting in the cut corn fields with all that stuble on the blinds the geese never know what hit them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
yes we just bought avery blinds also and we`ve been having great sucess with them beats digging holes lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
For compactness I like the Avery Migrator, but have used the FA Pro guide for years and am really happy with it, but it is 7' long and I now have a short bed PU. Both of these blinds are good if you have a dog as they can tuck under the backrest out of sight and their body heat helps keep it warmer when it is cold out.

The Finisher is ok--but not enough room IMO. I', 5'-11" and it is too tight. And somebody mentioned the FA Legacy---well it works fine, it is built for big guys as it is longer and a bit wider.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My buddy built an 11'9" Decoy a couple years ago that we put on his snowmobile trailer. It has doors on its back that when opened, look like its wings. Two of us fit in it, and it's highly visible. Works for us.

·
Registered
38 Posts
poolarbear said:
My buddy built an 11'9" Decoy a couple years ago that we put on his snowmobile trailer. It has doors on its back that when opened, look like its wings. Two of us fit in it, and it's highly visible. Works for us.
Bear,
Do you have any pictures of that thing, :shock: man what kind of looks do you get going down the road with that following you, GREAT! LOL :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Only picture I've got is from a newspaper that the outdoor writer for the local paper did and no scanner. Not too long after the newspaper article, though, a Guided hunt outfit came up with with a similar one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Estem said:
What is your favorite blind and why? Too many to choose from and I'm not sure what's right.

I'm about 6'1, 260 so I'm a bit too big for the smaller models. :lol:
hey whats up i use a sled and then i just lay in that and i put a bunch of corn stocks over me and my dad uses on of them camofladge tarps

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ran into the same problem trying to figure out what blind to purchase. Last year I used a goose chair blind I got on sale and it worked fine. The draw back was its cumbersome to carry into the field and in cold weather it does not offer much in the way of protection from the elements. I now have a "Gooseview" X' Terminator. I chose this one cause it's only 12 lbs, and folds up and in half and it has straps to carry it like a back pack. $199.95 + shipping from the 2004 Cabela's catalog. It has a zippered opening, in the front for your dog and to clean it out. removable shell holders, flaging ports each side and a comfortable seating position. I also like the bungie cord doors that fly open with little pressure. It was a hard desision to make cause I found them all to be so comparable. Good luck hunting.

My best friend is my black lab!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am doing a patent search for a blind I have made last year and used in all types of field and by water for waterfowl. I am also 6'1 and the other blinds are too hard to move around in. I should have an answer by the end of the week. If you would be interested in seeing what I came up with send me an email and I can send you photos and information. [email protected]

·
Registered
76 Posts
i am prettey big too and i just use the same thing BIGHONKER said to use it works great for me. hope i helped.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i too own a goose chair- then i wised up and bought an x-terminator last year. love it as much as my browning gold!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Guys... I bought a cheap sled at the end of snow season at the local Wally world. I painted it black and cut a plywood back and hinged it so thatI can adjust the height. I cover up with a waterproof camo material (12 bucks at the local sporting good shop). I cover up with some corn or hay that the farmer has laying in the field and I've got to tell you.. She works great. I can haul my deeks and gun and the geese out with it. cost me all of 25 bucks to make.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts