Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any tips on hunting for snow geese in new york or in other state near it. I have never hunted for snow geese but I would like to get one this year with my Dad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd love to chase the skycarp here in New York. Just got back from NE, had a great day out there, our group dropped 21, learned a little about calling, decoys. Got to transfer that info to this area ( finger lakes ) they are supposed to be here, plan to try next spring. Anyone else game?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been seeing a lot of snow geese on Canadagua and owasco lake. I wish they would extend the season so we actually could hunt them. They don't get up here until they seson has ended

·
Registered
3 Posts
We gotta hit them early in the North end of Cayuga Lake from what I am finding. I plan to scout that area soon. There might not be enough in this flyway to justify a conservation action as there is in the great midwest which would allow a more open season. Keep in touch, Spring Snows are a blast, tough to get into the blocks, but really worth it, ( ate one last night from Nebraska, tasty thing on the grill with a bit of bacon and steak sauce BTW )

Winger Doug

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are'nt that many snow geese up in new york but there are a lot of Canadiens at Cayuga. In the late season there was a lot of canadien geese up there and every hunt we limited out. I have to do some scouting over there for new spots. i was hunting on the King ferry co-op. did you ever hunt there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts