Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all that posted on my other thread asking about a good deep tone call.

I sent out a few emails to a few different call makers and Field Proven and Death Row Calls really went above and beyond in explaining their calls and why they would be good for someone newer to short reeds. I would definitely suggest checking with those 2 companies if you are in the market for a new call!!

After several emails with Cory at DRC I decided to go with their Life Sentence goose call over the FP Aftershock. It came in the mail today and I absolutely love it, I pulled it out of the bag and gave it a shot and it sounded better than anything I have ever done on a goose call. It also felt really good and just seemed to fit in my hands really well.

I opted for the black mouth piece and clear red insert so it looks great too.

I also ordered Bad Grammer so I am looking forward to getting that and really digging in to improving and expanding my calling.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Nice lookin' call! Best thing about upgrading to a quality call is that with proper care, you'll have that thing for the rest of your life. Good deal man!

· Premium Member
902 Posts
You can't go wrong with a DRC...Cory is a great guy and always willing to help out a guy. I wouldn't rule out a FP if you still have any money left after a new call and a bad grammer cd/dvd(which ever you got...). Tried out a FP Matrix last weekend in Rogers and loved it. Got mine coming in the mail soon. Again...you can't go wrong cause Cory and Field are both great guys that are willing to go the extra mile to give you a call you will hold on to. I have a Life sentance and soon a Matrix. Congrats on the new call bro...cheers :beer:

JP

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to all that posted on my other thread asking about a good deep tone call.

I sent out a few emails to a few different call makers and Field Proven and Death Row Calls really went above and beyond in explaining their calls and why they would be good for someone newer to short reeds. I would definitely suggest checking with those 2 companies if you are in the market for a new call!!

After several emails with Cory at DRC I decided to go with their Life Sentence goose call over the FP Aftershock. It came in the mail today and I absolutely love it, I pulled it out of the bag and gave it a shot and it sounded better than anything I have ever done on a goose call. It also felt really good and just seemed to fit in my hands really well.

I opted for the black mouth piece and clear red insert so it looks great too.

I also ordered Bad Grammer so I am looking forward to getting
fancy sentence generator that and really digging in to improving and expanding my calling.

The advantage of changing to a higher-quality phone is that, with good maintenance, you can keep it for the duration of life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts