Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got some money and a big gift certificate to Gander Mountain. I'm going there tomorrow morning and probably to Bass Pro Shops.

I have 1 dozen standard shells with motion stakes. I also have some of the material to have make at least 2 dozen silo's with some help.

But I want to add some to my spread, should I get full bodies or more shells or windsocks?

I saw GHG over sized shells with flocked heads for $90 at Bass Pro.

Don't know what to do.

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. Any help is appreciated, after all, I am a newbie :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
if i were you get the fullbodies and shells if you want motion get stakes and couple of wind socks is not a bad idea and ghg is good decoy
go for the most realiste decoy you can get

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's funny, I bought a dozen of the oversized shells for $80 last spring.. I'd go with the shells and motion stakes, after having almost 100 fullbodies in my spread alone, along with another 50-60 from my 2 hunting partners, there's no difference between the shells and the fullbodies that I can tell, even from the top of a silo I climbed during early season this year. IMO you can add a lot more to your spread for a lot less money with the shells. Remember,this is only my opinion, alot of folks may differ in opinion when related to different seasons, times of year, etc etc etc!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts