Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall, laying in the field after setting up decoys in what looked like the perfect setup, we had a flock of about 30 Canadas come straight in like they were all on a string. The shot was called, four guns went up and when the shooting was done there were 5 nice Canadas that didn't make the migration south. What was odd was one of the guys in the middle of the spread hadn't fired a shot. When we asked what the problem was he openned up his O/U and both chambers were empty. He had forgot to load his gun after the dekes were set. So of course, we started giving him what seemed like a ton of grief, we were just as shocked when he responded by saying that even if he had loaded up he wouldn't have shot anyway. I asked him what he was talking about, and with a straight face he told us there wasn't a drake in the whole flock and that he wasn't a hen shooter like the rest of us! I laughed so hard I couldn't shoot straight the rest of the morning. Every time I pulled the gun up all I could think of, is it a hen or a drake? :lol:

What's some of the banter that goes on in your blind?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Depends what day and who I am with. I usually hunt with the same guys, so we know each other pretty well. It can run from what hunting gear we want, past hunts, work, the farm I hunt with with my main hunting buddy, rifles and shotguns, stuff we want to hunt (like an African safari), hunting tips, you name it we have probably talked about it!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My opinion is that if they are close enough to tell, they are too darn close. Let em get out a ways and DROP EM!

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is really funny, we took a couple rookies out this last season and got them their first Honkers. I did not hear anything quite that funny but comments are occasionally made that make me laugh under my breath.

Take Care,

Travis R. Bullock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts