Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not as hardcore of a speck hunter as most of you on here, we shoot a few while we are duck hunting. All i have is the Quackhead. I called in my first specks with it last year. I was looking to upgrade to a better quality call, but dont really speck hunt enough to justify the money on say a redbone. So just looking for a little advise, input, ect........ Any would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
occasionally you'll find a used redbone for less than that...

don't go with buck garder is all i can say...

i would go with a wood call maybe...i've heard about chien calle sp? i think they're 75$ but have never used one

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love tha chien Callie . . . Takes a pretty good bit of air for me but sounds awsome. They're $59 at our local sporting goods store

I have seen some Basin Speck Crushers and RNT speck calls used on the net for sale but i dont know anything about them

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
It's funny to think now that at one time I thought the huffin' and puffin' and sore jaws were just a necessary evil associated with speck calls. I started with a flute then switched to the polys...same thing. I've only had one high-end call, but the ease of producing sounds (if for no other reason) is well worth the money spent to me. My kids bought me the first one for an Xmas gift, but I think I'm ready for another one. There's a RedBone in hedge on eBay as I type... :lol:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hayes makes some pretty reasonably priced speck & snow calls. they are in the 60-70.00 range. I will be getting both this year, been listening to them for the last couple of years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
try out fajita meat custom call speck call you can hear it on you tube speck/snow combo call they are on the web fajitameatcustomcalls.com

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you can pick up a basin speck call the money for the CD is worth more than the call its excellent on helping you learn back pressure..no huffing and puffing....also JJ lares new one is out great call easy to blow ..

my 2cents

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to agree with bayouspeck. Redbone and James Meyers calls are the best around. Let it be noted though, that James Meyers, along with Bill Daniels, now makes a polycarb speck that goes for around $65.00 and it probably sounds as good as the acrylic. His calls don't require a lot of air to run. If you ask real nice-like I'm sure he'd throw in the CD too.

http://www.ricelandcustomcalls.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's funny to think now that at one time I thought the huffin' and puffin' and sore jaws were just a necessary evil associated with speck calls. I started with a flute then switched to the polys...same thing. I've only had one high-end call, but the ease of producing sounds (if for no other reason) is well worth the money spent to me. My kids bought me the first one for an Xmas gift, but I think I'm ready for another one. There's a RedBone in hedge on eBay as I type... :lol:
Wait so… what call do you use that’s so easy to blow? I bought a Bill Daniels Riceland… the thing takes some AIR (I’m 26 and I damn near pass out lol). Are flute styles easier to blow? I’m new too and trying to learn with uncle and dad!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts