Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be adding 1 doz. silo's to next years spread to mix with 2 doz G&H shells and am wondering which do you prefer? Real geese, Renzo, Outlaw or others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am no expert at this game, but I just wanted to offer my experience. I have a 6-pack of the Renzo's silly's. They look pretty nice when you are hunting on a cloudy day, but they can throw off a nasty reflection on a sunny day. I use them right around myself, my dog, and my hunting cronies for some concealment. I tend to let them in the decoy bag if the sun is shining too much....they are light and easy to carry into the field though. The dekes fold in half for trasnport, and the metal stake holds the deke open when you put it in the field. They do give a little movement, though you have to be careful of them spinning in heavier winds (lower the deke so the stubble or grass catches it before it spins). I think I got a 6-pack at Gander Mountain for around $35. Any questions, let me know....hope it helps some.

·
Super Moderator
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks ShipHunter. Going by the pics, the Renzo's look great. I didn't know about the shine prob though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'v tryed alot of silo and found that they all shine in one way or another.
I have found that if you make your own with 1/4" ply-wood and a special
flat black paint we use (cant rember the name) :x. We spent a summer
and made 5 doz. with flocked heads and alot of feather detail and they look just as good as anything you can buy. And there cheap. And they dont shine.

Might give this a shot if you have the time :) :) :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Evidently Real Geese will be making the double sided laminate Pro Series for production this coming season... that is what I heard and have not confirmed it. Someone had previously mentioned that they made these in a limited run for the last couple seasons, but I've not seen them. If they bring the double sided Pro Series into production, I'll be picking up a couple dozen. That non glare side on the current Pro Series is just that... no glare or shine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.