Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into purchasing an aftermarket choke tube to use for all my shotgunning. I Hunt ducks over the decoys and pass shoot geese. I was ready to buy a patternmaster until others on the forum started talking about other choke tubes. Which is the best??

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like the Wad Wizard alot. It was designed by the same lady as the Patternmaster. What it does is strip back the wad to shorten the shot string. With the Wadwizard Swat, i have shot everything from decoying ducks and geese, to also pass shooting. I also have one in my Clay target gun.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I shoot Carlsons Extended Choke tubes. I love them. I have shot almost everything with them (ducks, geese, pheasants, doves, turkey, quail...) They work great IMHO. Plus, they aren't nearly as expensive as the others. Really a great choke tube.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What type of Carlson do you use. The close range, mid, or extended range tube? Thats the one thing I like about the patternmaster, there is only one size.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Got a COMP-N-CHOKE from Cabellas a few years ago for my 835(non-magnum ported model). Money well spent! Works like a champ, both pattern and recoil reduction.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have all kinds of Carlsons, late in the season for geese I use the extended range or long range I believe it's called. But for other birds I have the IC, LM, M, IM, F, and TRKY chokes. But for late season geese I used the long range steel shot tube. Otherwise I use the LM or M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts