Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get an aftermarket choke for my Mossy 935 or Rem. 1187... I know I have to pattern it etc, but from your guys experience, what have you had the best luck with?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a Cabelas Hevi Shot choke that patterns pretty well and is inexpensive. I also have a patternmaster that shoots really well with large steel #2 and above. I use it on my SBE and it made it so much better as mine shot terrible with the factory chokes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Weve been shooting the Wad Wizard, and i personally like mine. It has the same concept as the patternmaster, it strips back the wad to shorten the shot string, and it is even made by the same lady that designed the pattern master.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have a briley IM for my 20 gauge and I was not to impressed with it. Hey Gilmore, I was thinking of getting a Hevi-shot choke too, I was thinking of getting the full or mod. for geese. What choke did you get? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went with the MOD and my Benelli shoots it pretty tight so I don't know what a full would do. But seeing the cost of 2 is still less than many others I might by a full and try it for Turkeys.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is guy guy here in Fargo North Dakota that makes great chokes for longe range shooting with steel loads. Even has a chart that will tell you what shoot best out of the gun you have. They are top notch choke tubes. I have one and love it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts