Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if it was good to armorall the bodys on my hardcore decoys or if it would flare geese I always armorall my duck decoys just wasn't sure about geese :?: :roll:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would think it would put an un-natural shine on the decoy, just like your dashboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be nervous about doing that if it would put a shine on the decoy, especially on sunny days. Geese and shine have never gotten along together in my experience.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I you want to just go out there and have a pleasnt day in the field with your hunting companion but don't really want to shoot any geese than by all means shine them up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Barnie Calef and Tim Grounds talked about that in St. Cloud last year, says it reduces frost and adds a little gleam to the decoys, just like natural feathers of a live goose is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well in the interest of furthering knowledge, yesterday I put Armour All on a decoy. It was a bright sunny day. I covered a goose and placed it out in the yard I put another decoy without Armour All next to it. Both decoys had a week old coat of flat paint. There was only a slight sheen on the treated decoy. When I placed the decoy in the shade (best I could do to simulate a cloudy day) there was no difference between the two. I looked at the decoys from close up and at a distance of 100 yards, with and without binoculars. To my eyes the difference was negligible, so I would have no problem putting it on flat painted decoys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks you guys for putting the effort in my question. I like the idea of keeping the frost off I guess I 'll try a cpl this yr

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the question about shine on the duck decoys it,s more like a sheen like there feathers are wet

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it looked more like feather sheen from sunlight rather than a wet look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've read posts on other forums regarding Armor All and some guys swear by it, especially on silos. I'm going to try it on a few of my most beat up Outlaws.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts