Goose Hunting Forum banner

Anyone shoot a stoeger

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  VAWFA 
#1 ·
Was wondering if anyone shot a stoeger, my nephew has been wanting to come hunting and I have been looking for a decent backup gun I can take duck hunting as well any thoughts are greatly appreciated

#6 ·
GooseHunting said:
I have a Stoeger m3500 and it doesn't cycle anything under 3". Maybe I just got a bad one.
Just curious if you have the recoil reducer installed in the stock? I have an M3500 and it cycles everything from dove/target loads to 3.5" shells interchangeably. I have a patternmaster code black that stays screwed into the end of the barrel.

#10 ·
I bought a m3500 this year and it hasn't had a single problem... I just cleaned it well the first time then shot a couple boxes of 3.5" turkey loads and some steel shot to break it in.... As the manual states... Didnt even clean it durning the season and it never had an issue all season

#11 ·
I have a M2000 as a backup gun. Havent shot it a whole lot but I like the gun...fits me well. When I got mine I found that the screw that holds the ejector was missing...seems to be a common problem with them backing out. The ejector was still there so I called Stoeger for a new screw and put a little lock tight on it to keep it in place. Have heard/read that the bolt hande can fly out as well...but this hasn't happened to me yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.