Goose Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the story, I killed a goose on 1/2/06 that had a band on each leg, one was a normal band the other had a id number and said $30 reward, so when I got home I called the bands in. First, I'm guessing since it was a holiday for most people that the place was not staffed well because I was on hold for twenty minutes, then when the lady answered the phone she sounded irratated and acted as though I was bothering her,(normally when I call bands in the phone is answered promptly). I read her my first band # and she was ready to hang up on me, I got her to stay on the line and read her the info off the second band, which was the reward band- and I explained that both bands were on the same bird, she said I would receive my information in the mail and hung up. About three weeks went by and I received the info about when and where the bird was banded, but no check. I'm just wondering if anyone else has killed any birds with these type of band on them and how long it took to get the check? It's not that I need the money, I probably won't even cash the check - I'd like to frame it. I'm just thinking that unhappy lady (I NORMALLY CALL HER SOMETHING MORE COLORFUL!) might have screwed me out of my reward because she was having a bad day. I know next time I'll wait for a normal business day to call bands in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I killed one in December with a 100.00 reward. It took over two months to recieve it. And that is after I emailed US fish and wildlife. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You killed a reward band and are crying cause you haven't got your check? Don't you have better things to do. It is free money, so if it is late what does it matter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have got a couple and have seen it take aslong as 3 month's but it will show you just have to be patient.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you call in to report the reward band, do you have to send in the reward band to prove that it is a reward band or do they let you keep both of the bands? Just curious

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sharing the time frame guys. I guess if some of you guys who think I'm complaining would spend more time hunting and less time speculating about motives for writing this post you might get some reward bands of your own. It sure is nice to kill one bird and add two bands to the call lanyard.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Its tough to get any band here. They dont band em here like they do there, and few banded birds are shot here every year. I have shot a tons of ducks and killed tons of snows and yet to get a band.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts