Goose Hunting Forum banner

Where are all the MO hunters?

12K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  JLM63901 
#1 ·
Man this board is dead...is there anybody OUT THERE?

#5 ·
I'm over in Leavenworth, KS here but hunt both sides of the river. I mainly use quack decoys and northwinds for snow geese. Have seen some decent flocks but not smacking down big numbers yet. Use a Mossberg 535 thats been dumped in the duck marsh a few times but keeps shooting. Use shells and fullbodies for the Canada's. Now working on building a water spread for the snow's/blues and canadas

#7 ·
RIVER RAT said:
been waterfowling for 15 years.

i use several diff. kind of decoys. i have several of foiles calls.benelli is my gun of choise.

i had a very good season.

Great picture! I also shoot a Benelli. What foiles call do you like? I have tried the Honker, its pretty nice.

#8 ·
goodkarmarising said:
I'm over in Leavenworth, KS here but hunt both sides of the river. I mainly use quack decoys and northwinds for snow geese. Have seen some decent flocks but not smacking down big numbers yet. Use a Mossberg 535 thats been dumped in the duck marsh a few times but keeps shooting. Use shells and fullbodies for the Canada's. Now working on building a water spread for the snow's/blues and canadas
What are the snows doing? are they heading north yet?

#10 ·
I REALLY like the SMH but am leery of it because my buddy claims they have thinner reeds and tend to need more tuning and adjustments than others. What do you think? He uses a Lewis Custom call and it sounds real good.

#11 ·
most call companys shave reeds to make them easyier to break over. foiles calls arent any diff. than the others. its a personal preffrence thing. it depends on how much you use the call but all calls will need a tuning and reed replacement at one time or another. most are easy done.

you can take your calls to rogers or cabales and bass pro to get them tuned once a year for free. you can send them to the shop for about 12 bucks. or i can do it for free.

the reeds are made of mylar and it will useally bubble on the edge of the reed first. i have one set of guts that is worse than the others about bubbling the reed. its a very easy fix. you can get new reeds for about 3 dollars. you can get new reed and guts for about 6 dollars. i dont suggest changing the guts b/c after a while they will get a grove on them and take the buzz out of the call.(broken in guts)

i would try the hph b/c it is a little cheaper and a little higher pitched. it also takes less air to blow this call. its also a little smaller call than the smh.

#13 ·
Whats up TomKat I'm new to this forum. I've been goose hunting for 3 years but turkey and deer for about 15 years. Calls: Death Row Calls. Decoys: 5 doz. FFDs and 3dz GHG lifesize shells. Avery power hunters. Gun: Xtrema 2. Early season and all we killed about 200-220 and 7 bands. I thought we had a great year.

#19 ·
1) I'm 19 and this is my second year of going waterfowl hunting consistently.
2) I use a Big River Game Calls' Flute. I only use Big Foots at the moment. I shoot a Browning 3 1/2 inch BP in Mossy Oak Duck Blind. It's brand new this year.
3) Duck season was pathetic but goose season hasn't been too bad. We're still killing our limit pretty regularly.

#20 ·
I've hunted waterfowl for 11 years now. Just got into goose hunting within the past few years (from a buddy in PA). I tend to concentrate on the ducks more than anything. I have a few calls (none that great in quality), 1 1/2 dz shells and 12 dz floaters. they are just to add to the existing spreads when I hunt with my buddies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.