Goose Hunting Forum banner

Too Quiet

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Fowlmouth421 
#1 ·
I know I'm not the only guy from Michigan here. Let's here some reports from the early season. Plans for regular and late. I only got out once during the early season and only managed to flag in a couple sandhill cranes.

#2 ·
Early season, 2 trips, NO Geese but 17for 23 on CROWS, shooting appears fine. Local Honkers simply won't leave the city limits. Regular season focus on ducks and pop a goose if it drifts by early. Hope for migrants to show eventually and deal with it then. Late season, depends on the weather.

#3 ·
20 in the early season. Looking forward to deer season to get the morons in the woods that shoot our local roost up. Only got birds the first week of the early season due to a masacre on my local roost. Birds finally started using it again the lasst few days. As for the regular season i plan on hunting hard. Only problem is i got trail cam pics of a big 12 point. there just are not enough days this time of year.

#4 ·
Took 21, 18 from same field, from opener to last day had birds. A lot better than it was last year for me. As for regular season got to wait for beans/corn to get cut as the field I hunted in Early season has peas and radishes in it for winter cover and it will be too tall come Oct 8.

Migrators starting to show up and regular spots around me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.