Goose Hunting Forum banner

Horicon, WI.

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  DDragon47 
#1 ·
Spent a few days filling my Wisconsin goose tags waiting for Indiana to open.

See less See more
#10 ·
Hey DD, This old Va. boy was out that way for the goose shoot. We had a good week to wack & stack. We have a few pics up on the VA site. Our group hunted with John J. We had a blast! Hope and plan to come next fall too. Great time!

#11 ·
Me too, me too! Hey I was at the WUSA Goose Smackum Convention too. I was the short, portly guy taking photos ,Tailfeathers here. Hi Ddragon! Thanks for all your work, you guys really made a great time for us outa staters. The food was great, the guys running it , guiding us, the hotel folks, the participants, all made for a really good time. The dinner and the raffles were fun, lots of good stuff. I just KNOW I will win that Cynergy shotgun, just go ahead and have my initials engraved on it....I like Old English type face,hehe. Oh, I forgot to mention the state of Wisc and all it had to offer resource wise and just great folks all around. And did I mention the Horicon MArsh? The visions of that place are in my dreams every night, and is my vision of Heaven every time the word heaven is mentioned in church, I close my eyes and see all dem boyds and the glistening mud and water. Now I just have to start working on my vices so I wind up there some day.
. We got to do a pheasant hunt in the PM and some days after the convention of duck hunting on Beaver Dam Lake. Hot Dam, what a good time, Scotty and the two other guys and their labs and chessie. Forgive me if I already forgot the two guys names, since hitting 56, I forget mine regularly,ha. The hospitality was classic. We Virginia boys sure are greatful. Then there was John J's trailer and rig. That boy's got one heck of a great rig going. Around 150 Big Feets, many of them with his home made rotating design that made the decoy spread come alive, that trailer accessory he hangs off the back that should win an Academy Award in the Goose Hunting World. Another generous and uber dedicated guy, who made our trip incredible. Thank you John!
I'm currently in a state of deep depression boys. We returned from Wisc and our Va season hasn't kicked in yet. Oh, we had an early split before the Wisc week, but we all came back with a great momentum going and it was dry as a fart back here. We've been holding each up, trying to talk us out of the doldrums by building more and more blinds to keep us sane. I've been sleeping with my new acquired Belgium A5 that I bought in Wisc, I'm gonna even put another coat of paint on one of my duckboats this weekend as therapy. Two more weeks of no duck/ goose hunting, I think we'll make it. Heck, we have the memories fresh in our minds from Wisc.to see us through.
Best to you all, talk to you soon!
TF

#12 ·
Hi guy,
Been trying to find some birds to shoot scine we got back any it's not been good.
Indiana season is half over and the birds are still up in Wisconsin. :(
Looks like a bad season for us the birds will get here as the season ends.
Oh well their always next year.
Glade you all had a great time in Horicon I think Mark did a great job and plans an even better one for next year.
DD

#13 ·
DDragon47 said:
Hi guy,
Indiana season is half over and the birds are still up in Wisconsin. :(
The birds are gone, they moved out last week after the snow storm we got. Goose hunting was very poor last weekend. Theres little to no geese around now, the mallard number are starting to increase. We need this cold weather to keep up and push the birds down from canada, still havent seen any big northern mallards yet.

#14 ·
I hear the boys out that way are doing pretty good on the ducks.... Sorry the goosin has been so poor. Our season comes back in "over here" on the Atlantic Flyway this Sat. hope to get into em!
"The guys" really know how to put on a "To Do. Hoping & planning to get out that way again next year :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.