Goose Hunting Forum banner

Concealment

5K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  sd-snowgoose 
#1 ·
Hi I am new to goose hunting and I don't want to spend the money yet on a layout blind. What else can I do to keep concealed?
Thanks

#7 ·
I have a layout but I busted it last year. Somebody had given me 3 pieces of 4'x8'-12' camo burlap. That's what I use and I always carry a piece or two with me even with the layout blind. I'm still trying to figure out the best ways to hide and have a lot to learn but they have worked in the past.

#8 ·
You can go with burlap and buy a can of contact cement to attach corn leaves or other stuff to it for a ghille blanket. You got a great cover for $20 and you can always attach more stuff as it wears off. The only problem with burlap is it gets soaked if the hunt is even in a light drizzle. While effective, laying on the cold ground can get rather uncomfortable. You will be much warmer if you get an military sleeping pad - $10. It is closed cell foam that will not absorb water and acts as insulation/moisture barrier when laying on the ground.

The are also a wide number of economical commercial sleeping bag style blinds. Check out Sillosocks ghille blind at Prariewind Decoys. It is what I use, but I hunt solo all the time. I have made 2 additional blankets in pea ghille and snow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.