Goose Hunting Forum banner

What do you do different ?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bobalong 
#1 ·
wondering how you goose spreads look in the early season as opposed to later on? Know numbers are the no but.. Any thing else you do to help get those old wise residents to close the deal?

#2 ·
Around here you want to increase your space between family groups...... They don't like to be crowded early in the season. I'll leave 15-20 yards between family groups leaving a large gap in the middle as a landing zone or setting up for shooting on the edge of the spread. I may even throw out a couple pairs 80 or 100 yards off the main spread. I've had days where the birds were reluctant and as soon as I threw a pair out there the birds would fly over them into the kill hole.

#5 ·
A little hard to see the separation of the groups from this angle, but this was our opening shoot a few years back. Normally the flocks are only about 200-300 birds at this time of year, but this was about the only field harvested in the area, and there were probably 1000 birds feeding on it. Still using the coffin blinds at that time, and the wind danced around a bit on us, but we had a good shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.