Goose Hunting Forum banner

Head Inside or Outside Ground Blind

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  archeryrob 
#1 ·
What is the best way to position your head in a layout blind?

Inside or outside of the blind?

#5 ·
All of us are outside the blinds like a wack-a-mole. Just keep you head still. We hunt resident geese and they get hammered a lot and circle often and sometimes only give is a passing shot. Right guy looks right, left looks left and center straight out and calls the shot. Everyone keeps their head still, period.

#6 ·
archeryrob said:
All of us are outside the blinds like a wack-a-mole. Just keep you head still. We hunt resident geese and they get hammered a lot and circle often and sometimes only give is a passing shot. Right guy looks right, left looks left and center straight out and calls the shot. Everyone keeps their head still, period.
Yep, I and a few of the guys I hunt with typically are in Hitman Blinds and your head sits outside of the blind. We have no problems landing geese inside of 10 yards. Just don't move and maybe wear face paint. I have 2 young grandsons, ages 9 and 6 who we paint their faces and they sit up so that they can see whats going on. They have been told to remain still and they do for the most part. These geese were shot inside of 15 yards feet down right in front of the boys and they loved it.

Attachments

#7 ·
Have not been using face paint but hat brim to the eye brows and chin to the chest and keep still.

One guy used to hide in his blind and couldn't see through the screen. As birds were working he would be asking "Where are they!" and I'd always say "If you had your head out you'd know" :D

#8 ·
You need to find blinds you can see out of without sticking you're head out. Tall hard framed blinds are tough because all you can see is up. Bought a couple of Tanglefree dead zone blinds last year and they SUCK. Roomy, but you can't see jack.

The original style X-landers are the best. We've also got a few of the low profile rogers blinds. Nobody has any problems hiding or seeing the birds.

#9 ·
Nado said:
You need to find blinds you can see out of without sticking you're head out. Tall hard framed blinds are tough because all you can see is up. Bought a couple of Tanglefree dead zone blinds last year and they SUCK. Roomy, but you can't see jack.

The original style X-landers are the best. We've also got a few of the low profile rogers blinds. Nobody has any problems hiding or seeing the birds.
To each their own I guess. I love my Hitmans and Dead Zones and I don't have any problems seeing or shooting geese.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.