Goose Hunting Forum banner

Worth the time!

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  deadeye762 
#1 ·
With this big fat moon we have .. Wondering if a goose hunt planned for Sat. Is worth the follow thru! Have been out in the past with full moon and clear sky's and had empty sky's! Feed all night and sat on the water all day! What is your experience with the geese, where they eat one those moon lit nights??

#2 ·
:) For the fields I hunt in Canada...(X and traffic)...I have never arrived @ 0- dark -thirty and spooked feeding birds, out of the fields, on a full moon.My experience has been "empty" skies in the mornings, but sometimes a "set- up" in LATE afternoon can GREET a few "early arrivals", for the last half hour of legal shooting.Also,my late afternoon spread of silos is usually 8-12 decoys because I will be picking them up before I leave.SOMETIMES, those deeks "land" the early arrivals [with little or no calling from me],BUT, if they decide to circle within gun range I will take the shot I can get in fading legal shooting light.

#5 ·
Saw a bunch of fresh birds today. Heavy, low clouds and a nice northwesterly wind and quickly dropping temps in canada is gonna mean fun times very soon. Buddy said he saw about 1,000 birds in a horse farm about a 1/2 mile from one of my spots. Those birds weren't there 2 days ago...

#11 ·
Well.. Was worried the moon would shut us down this past Sat. Was cloudy with a chance of rain.... Moon lite was not a factor ... This time round! 18 blacknecks were invited home to dinner!

#13 ·
For the first time in many years we are arriving in Sask during a full moon we don't know what o expect as there are many factors crop harvest wet cold windy, new migrators hitting new fields and staying late...I guess we'll have to tough it out when I get there Oct 8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.