Burger?

A place to share recipes for the ribeye in the sky.

Re: Burger?

Postby johnliester » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:50 pm

We grind goose but ad no fat as we want lean meat. It makes very good spaghetti sauce and awesome chili! WE grind fairly fine and haven't had any issues.
Get em boys!!!
johnliester

Postby mikebig1 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:05 am

have not been as successful as you guys , with bagging a lot of geese.. last season I shot 10 geese.. ( a good season for me), had them all turned into jerky... next year I plan to shoot more birds.. ( I am hunting solo, after my goose crew bailed on me).. found a new spot to hunt, on my own.. without having to pack-in a lot of decoys. done with hunting partners, to undependable.. I do much better on my own hunts.. I can adapt to the situation, and not worry about the other guy I am with...if I get more birds next season I will try the (burger) thing
here they come mike,, cupped and bow'ed up get ready
Team Duck Wagon
mikebig1

Postby rogernelson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:43 am

dmc92 wrote:The last couple of years, I have simply done a 3:1 ratio for burger. 3 pounds of goose breast and 1 pound of smoked bacon with no seasoning. Works great for tacos, bbq, chili or whatever.

i want to know the tacos recipe you made.can you share the recipe?
rogernelson

Postby Clementina » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:02 am

i've found that snows and honkers are best ground coarse. it seems that when i would grind with a finer plate that unless mostly frozen, the meat would turn pretty pasty.
Let's get lucky lady charm
 now
Clementina

Previous

Return to Goose Recipes