Goose Hunting Forum banner

Good Calls under $80

48K views 85 replies 58 participants last post by  Call turner 
#1 ·
OK gang, here is a list of calls under $80 that I consider worthy of mentioning and some that aren't . I am sure there are others. Send me a PM and I will add them to the list. Please let me know if there is an error with pricing too. I would like to mention that these are in no particular order, are by no means the best goose calls on the market, and reflect my opinions. Forum mods, make this a sticky if you think its worth while.

Sean Mann Shorty SS Express $50
Zink PC-1 Poly Carb $25
Gk Giant Slayer $70
TG Super Mag Poly Carb $60
Foiles Poly Coles Carnage Collector $65
Foiles Meat Grinder $40
Buck Gardner Honker Hammer (acrylic) $60
Buck Gardner Grey Ghost (acrylic) $60
Buck Gardner Canada Hammer and Canada Hammer 2 $25
Winglock Calls $50-$65
C&S Custom Calls $45-$80
Wingtips Down Molded Calls $45
RNT Goozilla $20
Saunders Refuge Series $30
Saunders Traffic Poly Carb $60
Molt Gear EX3D - $50
Field Proven Poly Raptor $30
Tim Grounds Half Breed - $55
Hayes Bad Azz Goose Call - $50

Edited 12/2/2012

See less See more
#9 ·
I picked up one of Buck Gardners Grey Ghost goose calls, 2 weeks ago its one of the new ones the barrel is acrylic and the insert is poly. The guts along with the shaved reed look the same as the ones that are in the Canada Hammer (I started out on the Canada Hammer 8yrs ago), I like the way it sounds and how fast it can be worked. I'm also a fan of those quick tune guts its so easy to take apart and clean if stuff gets lodged in between the reed & stopper, and I don't have to spend a lot of time getting it back in tune. Plus it costs less than 40.00!!

#14 ·
Hey! Has any body mentioned the GK Giant Slayer yet?! :rolling:

Btw...awesome freekin call!!

#15 ·
Not a fan of the short reed calls. Always used an Olt made of wood like a call should be not this plastic stuff. Has a better tone to me but than I can't even carry a tune in a bucket so what do I now. But DJ's calls have the replica of the old Olt's for less than $40. I figured the calls I use have worked for almost 50 years why change. New and improved isn't always better.

#16 ·
spunky said:
Not a fan of the short reed calls. Always used an Olt made of wood like a call should be not this plastic stuff. Has a better tone to me but than I can't even carry a tune in a bucket so what do I now. But DJ's calls have the replica of the old Olt's for less than $40. I figured the calls I use have worked for almost 50 years why change. New and improved isn't always better.
So what you're really saying is...you don't know how to operate a short reed.... :rolling: :beer:
OBTW... :welcome:

#18 ·
Doubletap said:
I hear that the GK Giant Slayer is a good call :banana:
Heard that have you?! Me too! :banana: :rolling: :rolling:

#23 ·
Two calls that I use most fit in this group, My Favorite is the Sean Mann Eastern Shoreman Express and the second call hanging off my neck is a Big River Long Honker. The Express can be bought for around 50 bucks and the Long Honker for around 35. There are a lot of good calls out there, pick two and learn to master them. The reason I say two calls is that Im a firm believer in having a call for windy days and a call for calm days. A high pitch call works better than a low one on windy days as the sound cuts thru the air better. Save the low pitch call for those calm days

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.