Bad luck

Discuss New Jersey goose hunting with other waterfowlers from around the state.

Bad luck

Postby sodfarmer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Went out alone Wednesday morning, had a bunch come in and dropped one but somehow missed my second shot , or so I thought. I watched the birds fly away and one dropped out of the flock and crashed.in the park next to my farm and died two feet away from the walking path. Lady walking her dog stopped by dead bird for a couple minutes and left.I made a quick hike, recovered bird ran back to farm threw all my decoys into truck and sped away just as the four police cars started doing a search for me. Of all the places for that bird to drop dead it had to be on the walking path.
sodfarmer

Re: Bad luck

Postby J Russ 11 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Why did you bolt ? You did nothing wrong. I knew a guy who hunted a spot that was pretty tight but legal and they shot a goose that sailed and ended up going through a window of a house. Luckily the house was unoccupied and no one was injured.
J Russ 11

Re: Bad luck

Postby sodfarmer » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 pm

The goose that crashed in the park was my third so it was time to pack it up anyway. The police have been on the farm before when people call and report hearing shooting and then a report has to be filed, I just wasn't into it. This state is a real pain in the a$$, or should I say the people who live here are.
sodfarmer

Return to New Jersey Goose Hunting