Goose Hunting Forum banner

Flocked shells available anymore?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ChuckV309 
#1 ·
I am beginning to think that maybe nobody makes tail flocked shells anymore? Possibly the Avian-x AXF only? The reason I am asking is my decoy trailer went bye-bye, and I am trying to get equivalent to what I had. I had the old style FA honkers, were flocked head and tail, new ones are not. Apparently GHG doesn't make any FFD shells anymore, except fullbodies? Thought maybe I'd buy specks, but I don't much like what I see.
What happened to the shells? Prices haven't changed a lot, but the selection sure has.Or am I missing something here?

#2 ·
Buy the avian shells. I like mine. They dont need to be flocked but its an option if you want it. Heads go on very easy. Stack nice too. Im actually selling off all my mix brand shells and just running avian shells.

#3 ·
The Bigfoot magnum shells are flocked both the head and the tail. The magnums are huge shells, but look great mixed in with full bodies. They come in an upright head and sleeping. The uprights have heads that are twist-able to position and then remove. Once removed, both styles stack together. I want to say they are about $160 a 6 pack, but have to choose which style head.

Chuck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.